[wingide-users] Scrolling with ctrl+arrow does keep caret with text line

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 22:44:00 MST 2007

While I'm on a roll with feedback...

A little niggle: when using ctrl+up or down arrow, the text is scrolled
but the caret doesn't stay on the same line of text - it stays on the
same display line.

MS editors keep the caret on the same line of text (unless the line with
the caret has just moved off the display).

I find the MS behaviour much more logical and useful. Typically I'm
working on a block and just need to see a bit of code above or below
that's currently hidden. So I can scroll the code into view without
losing my editing place. With Wing's behaviour I can scroll it into view
but then have to move the caret back to where I was working.

Hugh