[wingide-users] Notes on remote debugging

Bryan Stearns stearns at osafoundation.org
Fri Nov 16 13:23:00 MST 2007

I work on Chandler: http://chandlerproject.org ...

I just wrote up a bunch of notes on our wiki about remote debugging with
Wing, as I just finished a session where I fixed a problem that only
occurred on an automated-build machine hundreds of miles from here (with
two firewalls between me and it).

http://chandlerproject.org/Journal/RemoteDebuggingWithWing

The Wing docs treat remote debugging as an "advanced topic", but it
really works well once you get over the setup hurdles. Even if you're
just doing remote debugging from a different machine on your desk, it's
a real boon when working on UI code to not have your debugger's mouse
and keyboard interfering with the target's mouse and keyboard... so give
it a try.

(I'd appreciate feedback & additional suggestions, too!)

...Bryan