[wingide-users] Feature Idea: Find Imported Names

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Wed Nov 14 07:41:33 MST 2007

This isn't an entirely well-formed idea but...

I'm currently updating some code to use a newer version of a library.  The
module name has changed (let's say from 'pants' to 'shirts').  However, the
semantics have changed slightly as well, and so a simple search-replace won't
suffice. I'd like to be able to find/review all of the uses of the library.

Just searching for 'pants' won't do, as in some places I've done:

from pants import jeans, shorts
from pants.ladies import skirt

What I'd like to be able to do is find all uses of names imported from a
module.  I'm *not* looking to find objects, instances, aliases or the like
(which would be much harder).

Anyway, just a thought.

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B