[wingide-users] Feature request: non-blocking file checking, or...

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Thu Nov 8 13:51:54 MST 2007

I have a project I work on via an sshfs mount to a remote box.  Works
great, but when Wing checks for file updates every X seconds, the whole
IDE freezes for several seconds.  Could the file checking be relegated
a separate thread?  Hmm, that might not help, due to the GIL.

OK, how about: make checking for file changes configurable on a
per-project basis so I could shut it off for this project.  Doable?

Thanks for a great IDE!

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax:
907-456-3111