[wingide-users] Search returns 0 instances

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 7 09:26:56 MST 2007

John Dangler wrote:
> When I search for an instance of a function called def_menu using grep
> in a shell script, I find multiple instances, yet when I use the Search
> Files tool in Wing, it finds no instances.  Is there something I don't
> understand about this or is it broke in Version 3.0.1 ?

Is it set up to search recursively in the right directories?  The Search
in Files tool can search in current file, a set directory, in the project
in general, or in the documentation.  When searching, you can also apply
file filters such as "Python Files" which may omit the files you're trying
to look in if the filter doesn't match.  Try searching on just 'e' or
something common to see if you're not searching over the right file set.

Also, depending on your search you may want to specify Regex or Wildcard
search in the Options menu within the search tool.

If you find a specific case that isn't working, please let us know.  We're
not aware of any bugs in the 3.0.1 search in files tool.