[wingide-users] Revision control

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Nov 6 12:24:04 MST 2007

Virgil Stokes wrote:
> I would appreciate information on revision control in Python within
> WingIDE (3.0.1-1).
>
> Which to use? Subversion or CVS
> How useful are they?
> Info on an installation procedure (Win2K platform) that works

Wing's documentation on the subject is at:

http://wingware.com/doc/edit/revision-control

I'd highly recommend using _some_ revision control system.  It provides
a backup of your code, lets you revert or inspect your current changes,
allows multiple developers to work concurrently much more easily, and
can be useful when trying to determine the origin or intent of
problematic code.

Of the two, I'd recommend Subversion.  It's more fixes some of the
nastier issues in CVS and is under active development.