[wingide-users] django debugging

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Thu May 31 12:37:59 MDT 2007

On Tuesday May 29 2007 10:44 am, VL wrote:
> I saw in the archives there have been a few posts about debugging using
> wing and django, but looks like the poster either got it working or stop
> trying.  I am using apache and mod_python and Django so I thought the
> mod_python example(http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/mod_python) may work.
> I've been struggling with it for a couple days on and off and no
> debugging so far.  Has anyone had any luck with this configuration or
> something like it?

 I recommend running Django/Turbogears/etc. under Wing using a single-threaded
server. If your webframework of choice doesn't ship with such a thing, you
can use wsgiref (included in 2.5):

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/wsgiref/

You'll also want to disable any debugging and code reloading. Please consult
your framework's documentation on how to do all this.

Let me also urge you to consider using your framework's debugging.  Most
frameworks have very nice browser debug pages that show tracebacks & stack
data, etc..  Coupled with code reloading and the external editor of your
choice, it makes for a good Python web development environment.  No, it's not
Wing, but it works well.

--Pete

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B