[wingide-users] Debugging Paste/Pylons apps with ver 3.0a2

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon May 21 09:30:31 MDT 2007

Christopher Baus wrote:
> I'm trying to get the new threaded debugger to work with paste server and
> pylons.
>
> I wrote a little wrapper script to start the server.
>
> from paste.script.serve import ServeCommand
>
> myserver = ServeCommand("serve")
>
> myserver.run(["--reload", "development.ini"])
>

> But the debugger never seems to hit my breakpoints.  What do I have to do
> to debug paste applications?

It may be that the run() call starts anew process -- sort of looks like it.
You can verify by printing out os.getpid() here and in the code you're
trying to debug.  Wing doesn't automagically debug-instrument new processes
(because it can't) so you may need to either restructure things to not start
a new process or import wingdbstub in the sub-process, which is described
here: http://wingware.com/doc/debug/debugging-externally-launched-code

Hope that helps.