[wingide-users] Debugging under Django HTTP server?

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Fri May 18 16:36:12 MDT 2007

On Friday May 18 2007 4:40 pm, Rob Woerner wrote:
> Has anyone tried to debug code running under the Django test  HTTP server?
> It repeatedly spawns a new python processs, apparently as a mechanism to
> reload changed code.  Unfortunately, I can get Wing to stop on breakpoints
> in the spawned process.  Wing does apparently connect to the spawned
> process.
>
>   I've gone through the extensive list of conditions listed in the online
> help & I think I've eliminated them all.
>
>   Anyone been able to get this sort of thing working?

I haven't tried Django, but I've found running under wsgiref to be reasonable
for doing webserver work under Wing.  It ships w/ Python 2.5, but if you're
on 2.4, you can get it from the cheeseshop.

One thing to be aware of is that most web frameworks do fun things with
unhandled exceptions, which can caused them to be missed by Wing's debugger.
Not much to be done for it.

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com