[wingide-users] change auto completion window position

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Fri May 18 14:31:51 MDT 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007 11:33, Wingware Support wrote:
> Mike Bernson wrote:
> > For me the bit problem with the completion window is that is blocking
> > the work. It should not cover the current line.
>
> Can you send a screenshot of an instance where the popup covers the
> current line to support at wingware.com?  I'm aware of a bug that causes
> the popup to appear above the line when it should appear below, but
> haven't seen it cover the current line.  Or, do you have line wrapping
> on?  It can cover the continuation of a wrapped line, which may or may
> not be desirable.

Or do you mean that you don't want it to cover the the current *logical* line,
which might be very tricky to determine.

For example, your code looks like:

if(stationInfo.DataFileDirectory
            and stationInfo.DataFileNameBase
            and stationInfo.DataFileSuffixes):

and you starting retyping the first line,and type:

if(stationInfo.

You don't want the popup to cover the next two lines.  Is that what you're
talking about?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111