[wingide-users] change auto completion window position

Mike Bernson mike at mlb.org
Fri May 18 13:21:40 MDT 2007

For me the bit problem with the completion window is that is blocking
the work. It should not cover the current line. It needs to be close
to the area so that show up but not so close that it blocks the the
area I am working on. I would like to be able to state that there is
rectangle around the cursor that the popup is not allowed to cover.

for normal work I would like the popup not to never cover the line I
editing. Better would be not to cover the block that is active as long
as it does not move the popup to far out of view. (this is very hard)

I good thing might be saying that Never cover the current
statement/line. DO not covert n lines around the current line.
try to pick a normal offset from the cursor, If this pushes
out of bounds invert the offsets from cursor push it out of
bounds.

Allow the use to pick the x and y offsets from the cursor that
the window uses. Another option is to pick a rectangle around the
cursor that the popup can not be in.