[wingide-users] change auto completion window position

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri May 18 11:55:50 MDT 2007

Michael Hipp wrote:
> Wingware Support wrote:
>> Jeremy Richardson wrote:
>>> Is there a way to change the position in which the auto completion
>>> window appears?  I like the auto completion, but much of the time it
>>> gets in the way of what I need to see.  I would like to have this to
>>> the far right of the editor window.  I looked in the manual and help,
>>> but I could not find any info on this.
>>
>> Unfortunately there isn't.  It may not be that hard to add this as an
>> option,
>> but it's not something we've had requested before since people
>> generally seem
>> to want the popup close to where they are typing.
>
> I'd give this suggestion a +1.
>
> I just tolerated it since most IDEs do it this way. But finding a way to
> prevent the autocompletion from "blinding" me would be good.

OK, we will try to look into it.  What would be useful is some screen
shots showing the current popup location and some markup showing where
you would like it to show up instead.  Note that there are at least two
cases to consider:  popping up below and popping up above when working
at the bottom of the editor.  Perhaps it's only the latter that's
objectionable?