[wingide-users] opening new windows

Michael Bentley michael at jedimindworks.com
Mon May 7 16:55:35 MDT 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 4:30 PM, William Griffin wrote:

> I just updated to 3.0 and unlike the previous version (2.4), when I
> already editing a file and I right click in Microsoft Explorer to
> edit another file a new Wing window opens.  I must have configured
> the previous version to retain only one open window - but I cannot
> find (or remember) how I did it.  Any help?

Hey Bill!

Yeah, it looks like version 3 is willing to start a new Wing process
if one is already running.  That is more likely a bug than anything
you may have done with your configuration.  In version 2, if Wing was
already running and you tried to start it again (on the Mac) the
second dock icon would bounce a couple times and disappear. In
version 3, it goes through the whole startup and then complains that
it cannot talk to the debugger (which is already occupied by the
first instance, I assume).

In short, I'd say "file a bug".

-Michael

---
# Something just doesn't seem right in those
# "Every kiss begins with 'K'" commercials.

 >>> 'Every Kiss'.startswith('K')
False