[wingide-users] Wing IDE 3.0 alpha2
info at wingware.com
Thu May 3 09:53:47 MDT 2007
We're happy to announce the release of Wing IDE 3.0 alpha 2. It is
available from http://wingware.com/wingide/alpha
Changes since version 3.0 alpha1 include:
* Added OS Commands tool for executing external commands and files
outside of the debugger
* Added "when printed" exception handling mode that stops at exceptions
at the time they would be printed
* Added Frame Show button in toolbar to jump back to original position at
which the debugger stopped at a breakpoint or exception
* Added thread selector popup to the Call Stack tool
* Show name of thread function in list of threads as well as thread id
* Added more file type icons, shown in the project view
* Fixed Zope/Plone support
* Fixed Intel Mac distribution to not require MacPython 2.5
* Numerous other bug fixes
The CHANGELOG.txt file in the installation provides additional details.
With this release, we have also started selling 3.x licenses and upgrades
(somewhat ahead of schedule due to the many requests we've received):
Any 2.x license sold in the last year is free to upgrade; others cost
1/2 normal price to upgrade.
If you are not ready to upgrade, feel free to keep using a series of
trial licenses. There will be not limit on the number of trials until
after 3.0 final is out.
Please report bugs using the Submit Bug Report item in the Help menu
or by emailing support at wingware dot com. Please do **not** submit bug
reports to the wingide-users mailing list! We will read all reports
but, to save time for development, may not respond directly to them all.
This is alpha quality software that installs side-by-side with Wing 2.x
or 1.x. We advise you to make frequent backups of your work when using
the alpha or any pre-release version of Wing IDE.
The major new features in Wing 3.0 are:
* Multi-threaded debugger
* Debug value tooltips in editor, debug probe, and interactive shell
* Autocompletion in debug probe and interactive shell
* Automatically updating project directories
* Testing tool, currently supporting unittest derived tests
* OS Commands tool for executing and interacting with external commands
Note that auto-updating project directories are now used by default.
The old add package, add directory tree, and project update scripts
have been removed from the interface. Users converting existing
projects may want to delete the existing files in them and then
add directories. Otherwise, the project will not auto-update its
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the wingide-users