[wingide-users] AttributeError being squashed?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed May 2 16:17:30 MDT 2007

Chris Curvey wrote:
> sql = "select * from foo where id = %(id)s" % (self)
>
> I've noticed that if I misspell "id" (the part within parentheses), I
> get an
> AttributeError when I run the script from the command line.  But when I run
> it via debug in Wing, the statement gets treated as the last statement in
> the function.

This may be due to your exception mode; if it's set to at process
termination, Wing won't stop until the process exits.  You can see your
mode setting by pressing the "Change Mode" button in the exception tool.

The exception might also be ignored.  To clear you're ignore list, use
"Clear Ignored Exceptions" on the Debug menu.

Please let us know if these suggestions don't help.