[wingide-users] PyQt code completion

Devon rueckner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:53:23 MDT 2007

Hey all -

I'm having trouble getting code completion and source assistant to
infer anything for PyQt and PyQt-derived classes.  I followed the
instructions at
http://www.wingware.com/doc/howtos/pyqt
and added the package Lib/site-packages and PyQt directory tree (which
was a folder under Lib/site-packages).

I do not, as it says I should, see four items at the top level of the
project window.  (I've attached screenshots of the project window and
analysis statistics window.)

My script runs fine.  The imports are:
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyQt4.QtGui import *
from PyQt4.Qt import *

I installed PyQt from the binary package.  I don't actually see any
.py files except for Qt.py, though there are a number of .pyd files
corresponding to QtCore, QtGui, etc.

The same script in Eclipse does give me some code completion on PyQt classes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
~ Devon