[wingide-users] Feature Request: Fix and Continue
pfein at pobox.com
Tue Mar 27 20:15:15 MDT 2007
On Tuesday March 27 2007 8:07 pm, Karl Goiser wrote:
> Oh great developers of WingIDE please please put this feature into
> the next version!
I would trade several of my unborn children for this.
1. user hits dumb bug
2. user fixes dumb bug in source
3. User runs "Recompile method" from context menu in editor window
4. Wing's super-genius-code eval/compiles the source of said method and
attaches it to the live class
5. user pops up the call stack
6. user continues debugging with shiny new method
I recognize this won't catch outstanding references, might not work for
module-level functions, may kill your dog, etc.
But it'd be totally awesome.
Peter Fein || 773-575-0694 || pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/ || PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net || jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com
More information about the wingide-users