[wingide-users] Debugging stopped working

Morten Lied Johansen mortenlj at funcom.com
Tue Mar 27 02:54:07 MDT 2007

I installed the latest two patches yesterday, and today I can't execute
or debug my project from inside Wing. At the same time, there is no
interactive shell.

In the Python Shell I get "Cannot execute: waiting for shell to
restart", and nothing happens. If I try the "Restart shell" option,
nothing happens for a few seconds, and then I get:

Debugger: Connection Failed::The debug process never connected back to
Wing IDE:  Aborting debug session

         See Trouble-shooting Failure to Debug in the users manual.

I haven't really used Wing the last couple days, so I can't say for sure
that this is something introduced with the patches yesterday, but I'm
fairly sure I haven't changed anything else in my setup, and it worked
last time I needed it.

Running on Windows XP with python 2.4.

Any ideas?

--
Morten Lied Johansen
Machine-Independent:  Does Not Run On Any Existing Machine.