[wingide-users] ANN: Wing IDE 3.0 alpha 1 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 26 14:04:36 MDT 2007

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Wing IDE 3.0 alpha 1.  It is
available from http://wingware.com/wingide/alpha

Please report bugs using the Submit Bug Report item in the Help menu
or by emailing support at wingware.com.  Please do _not_ submit bug
reports to the wingide-users mailing list!  We will read all reports
but, to save time for development, may not respond directly to them all.

This is alpha quality software that installs side-by-side with Wing 2.x
or 1.x.  We advise you to make frequent backups of your work when using
the alpha or any pre-release version of Wing IDE.

The major new features in Wing 3.0 are:

  * Multi-threaded debugger
  * Debug value tooltips in editor, debug probe, and interactive shell
  * Autocompletion in debug probe and interactive shell
  * Automatically updating project directories
  * Testing tool, currently supporting unittest derived tests

The CHANGELOG.txt file in the installation provides additional details.

Note that auto-updating project directories are now used by default.
The old add package, add directory tree, and project update scripts
have been removed from the interface.  Users converting existing
projects may want to delete the existing files in them and then
add directories.  Otherwise, the project will not auto-update its
contents.

Thanks,

The Wingware Team