[wingide-users] problem of comment string in xml file

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Mar 26 09:30:42 MDT 2007

On 26. mar. 2007, at 16.13, Ivan Horvath wrote:
> well, i don't know
> please check the xml spec
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-comments
> it is written that ---> is not allowed for ending a comment

I'll be damned, so Wing is violating the XML spec here. File a bug
with Wing then. ;)

> BTW do you use wing ide for zope3, or xml? i mean do you have the same
> experience?

I do use Wing with Z3 (I wrote the Z3 integration product for Wing,
z3wingdbg), and Zope 2. I never use the comment-out feature of Wing
though, so I hadn't run into this before.

> i assume from your answer that file type related customization is not
> possible in wing ide?

Not that I know of. But this is a bug in Wing, you'll run into the
same problem with any decent XML parser.

Martijn Pieters