[wingide-users] WingIDE can't infer some standard python modules

Adi Jörg Sieker ml at adsworth.info
Mon Mar 26 07:40:55 MDT 2007

Hi,

I've switched to MacOS a while back and I've just started working on
an old project that I initially started under Windows.
The WingIDE project is a shared project. The problem is that Wing
can't infer some standard module like os, re or getopt.
The script runs fine also from the debugger, so I assume that my
paths are correct.

This is the beginning of my script:
# -*- coding: UTF-8 -*-
import os
import re
import sys
import getopt
import types
import time
import datetime
import random
import md5
import ConfigParser

If I place the cursor on os the Source Assistant displays Cannot
infer type, if I move it down to sys it displays the description of
the sys module. Also the auto complete drop down doesn't work for
these modules.

Any idea what I can do to get Wing to work the way it should.

Thanks
    Adi

--
Adi J. Sieker         mobile: +49 - 178 - 88 5 88 13
Freelance developer   skype:  adijsieker