[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 35, Issue 14

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Mar 23 14:13:47 MDT 2007

Mike Bernson wrote:
> It would be nice if i could type alt+tab or ctl+tab or something that
> forced an indent. At this point del let do what i want.

This can be done via the Source menu -> Indentation -> Indent command.
The keybinding should be displayed on the menu; it's ctrl-> (that's ctrl
+ the greater-than sign) in a few of the keymaps.

> I have a style of coding and tools that help with things. The comment
> starting in column 1 has meaning to me.  Telling me that there is
> another way for me to handle that is not a good option. It changes what
> my tools do.

Yes, we should have options to support the style you use.  The current
behavior is there to support comment blocks above a def / class / if
statement; e.g.:

if a:
   do_b()
# description of the if test
if x:
   do_y()

I point this out to illustrate that there are reasons for the current
behavior and not to say that your style shouldn't be supported.

Cheers,