[wingide-users] PyLint Integration Script 1.1

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 22 19:11:17 MDT 2007

Harper, Jason wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion...I tried this and it shows that the
> PYTHONPATH is empty.
>
> I do not set the PYTHONPATH in the project settings.  I set it in the
> environment before launching Wing.  If I comment out this line of code,
>
> env['PYTHONPATH'] = project.GetEffectiveValue(project.attribs.kPyPath,
> location.GetLocalFileLocation(filename))

Ah, yes, I forgot that this call returns '' if no path is set, in which
case the env should not be set.  Sorry, my example is flawed.

> the correct PYTHONPATH is printed to the Messages window.
> Unfortunately, the results are the same...PyLint Error output...unable
> to import a bunch of stuff that appears to be set up properly in the
> PYTHONPATH.

OK, clearly then it's not PYTHONPATH that is the problem.  It could
be something else in the environment, or could be something like
starting directory (which you can also pass to spawn.CAsyncExecute()),
or conceivably even an arg that causes your code to modify sys.path.
I can't really say not knowing anything about your code but hopefully
my previous email contained enough info so you could go in and find
the cause.