[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 35, Issue 14

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Mar 22 18:30:16 MDT 2007

Wingware Support wrote:
> Mike Bernson wrote:
>> I then try tab for indent the next line correct place.
>>
>> def name(foo):
>> # if this is here I can not indent the next line.
>>     if foo:
>>         print foo tree
>
> We do pretty much assume that comments will be indented rather than
> not.  For the above case, I'd strongly recommend using docstrings
> instead, and those have to be indented:
Actually this was one of the problems we had today. We write up user
stories on our wiki and then copy them into our python files as
commented blocks. The paste obviously wasn't indented and then Wing
refused to indent (until we switched over and used the icon).

perhaps-harping-on-the-subject-too-muchly yours,

Michael