[wingide-users] Resons not to use Wing

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Thu Mar 22 18:25:34 MDT 2007

Brandon Cline wrote:
> A great improvement in this area would be
> better handling of breakpoints in relation to multi-threaded beasts and
> such.  Unfortunately my last job was using twisted heavily and I could
> never get a reliable way to debug through the whole defered/tac file
> startup (there may be a way it's just not obvious).

Twisted isn't multithreaded -- what you ran into is probably that it
starts another process at startup and that breaks the debugger since the
second process is run without debug.  I'm just guessing tho without
knowing much about Twisted.

The only real solution for this is either to use wingdbstub to debug
the second process or to set things up so that no subprocess is started.

- Stephan