[wingide-users] More Griping :-)

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 22 16:45:15 MDT 2007

Michael Foord wrote:
> By the way, about the 'execute script to console', I realise that I have
> mentioned it before. In the past it has seemed like you (the Wing
> developers) feel like it is a low priority and that tying the 'execute'
> functionality heavily to the debugger is the best approach.

It's not low priority -- we want to implement decent execute support
and have already done some work in that direction (tho there won't
be any visible improvement in the first alpha of 3.0).

However, I have to admit the motivation for that is more for integrating
build and other tools, and running code that can't be debugged, than
running the same code that could easily work in the debugger.

> *However*, a substantial proportion of Python developers I know simply
> never (or rarely) use debuggers.

Which always amazes me...