[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 35, Issue 14

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:58:30 MDT 2007

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:50:51 +0000
From: Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>
Subject: [wingide-users] Resons not to use Wing
To: wingide-users at wingware.com

#1.   The 'tab' problem. You press tab and it *doesn't indent*. This is
very frustrating. Smart indent has decided that this is where the cursor
should be, and when you press tab - you can't *possibly* want it to
move, it knows best.

Are you running on Windows, Linux, or Mac?

Perhaps you can elaborate on what you expect when you press TAB?
When I press tab, my cursor indents, whether there is code there or not.

I suspect I don't understand your point, so please elaborate.
Maybe if you use the Editor configuration I'm using, this feature will
work for you too.

My Editor Indentation preferences  are (from Top to bottom)
Always
3
3
Spaces Only
Always
Unchecked
Checked
Checked

Like I said, pressing TAB indents for me.