[wingide-users] Resons not to use Wing

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 22 15:14:38 MDT 2007

Michael Foord wrote:
> This email is meant to be constructive - sorry about the inflammatory
> title, I thought it might get your attention. ;-)
>
> Today I paired with a colleague who normally uses Eclipse. As we were
> working on my machine we used Wing. At the end of the day he gave me a
> list of the things he finds frustrating about Wing, and why he won't
> switch (yet).

Thanks for the list -- everything on it is a valid criticism and we will
do our best to use it to improve Wing.

The only immediate quibble is smart indent, which is based on how emacs
implements smart indent and the reason not to indent if the line is
already indented is so the key always does the same things regardless of
where it is on the line or the prior state of the line.  We may need to
create another behavior here.

Cheers,