[wingide-users] PyLint Integration Script 1.1

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 22 12:35:03 MDT 2007

Markus Meyer wrote:
> Wingware Support schrieb:
>> The thing to do for now is probably to ignore the Wing API for starting
>> this process and instead use popen2.
> I vaguely remember that I, being inaware of ExecuteCommandLine(), tried
> to use popen2() first when I wrote the script, but for some reason I had
> lots of problems with it on Windows. No idea if those problems still
> exist, though.

Yes, I can believe it.  We've got like 4 versions of our own process
control code as a result of all the various problems that we've
run into.  We're in the process of trying to standardize that down
to one way of doing things.

Anyway, another thing to try instead then, if you want to avoid popen2,
is to look at AsyncExecuteCommandLine() in the wingapi.py file and
call spawn.CAsyncExecute yourself instead directly with the correct
env.

Or copy ExecuteCommandLine() which calls the same thing but includes
the code needed to wait for the result until a timeout.  You can
modify the invocation to spawn.CAsyncExecute to send in your desired
env.

Hope that helps.