[wingide-users] Re: PyLint Integration Script 1.1

Warren, Russell russell.warren at newport.com
Thu Mar 22 12:06:26 MDT 2007

I remember the mail(s) as well, and recall that the Wing guys
recommended that you use ExecuteCommandLine at the time!  Something
about them creating it as a result of issues they had with pre-existing
spawn mechanisms.  When the mail came out the other day recommending to
use popen2 I was laughing to myself about it... :)

Russ

> Wingware Support schrieb:
> > The thing to do for now is probably to ignore the Wing API for
> > starting this process and instead use popen2.
> I vaguely remember that I, being inaware of ExecuteCommandLine(),
tried to use popen2() first when I wrote the script, but for some reason
I had lots of problems with it on Windows. No idea if those problems
still exist, though.