[wingide-users] Having Better History in the Built-In Python shell

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 19 09:36:59 MDT 2007

Jonathan Mozes wrote:
> Is there any way to have the history browser of the built-in python
> shell complete only command that start with the command I started
> writing?

This isn't supported right now and I'd like to hear if anyone else would
like to see it implemented as an option.  I think it would need to be
optional behavior because most of the shells I'm used to simply replace
the line with a line from the history and it doesn't strike me as
clearly better.

Cheers,