[wingide-users] Having Better History in the Built-In Python shell

Jonathan Mozes jon at rayv.tv
Mon Mar 19 07:46:15 MDT 2007

Is there any way to have the history browser of the built-in python
shell complete only command that start with the command I started

For example, if I've written up until now:

>>> t = 'hello'

>>> u = 'world'

>>> print t, u

And now I want to change t, all I have to do is enter

>>> t =

Press the 'UP' key, and receive only lines beginning with what I've
already typed. This is the way IDLE works. Does anyone know of a way to
make the built-in shell work in the same way?