[wingide-users] Refactoring (again :)

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Fri Mar 16 10:31:37 MDT 2007

On Friday March 16 2007 10:07 am, Wingware Support wrote:
> Morten Lied Johansen wrote:
> > I've been through the archives and searched the web, and I've gathered
> > that fully integrated refactoring support in WingIDE isn't going to
> > happen very soon, but I also saw mention of people trying/wanting to
> > write scripts to use BicycleRepairMan from inside Wing...
> >
> > I was unable to find any mention of how that went though, so I was
> > wondering if anyone managed to get something that works?
>
> We haven't done it here at Wingware and I don't know of anyone
> else that has (tho that doesn't mean there isn't someone out there).
>
> It is still on our task list.  Like most things, we'ld like to see it
> sooner than we probably will get it done! ;-)

My co-worker and I use Wing for what we affectionately call "Tricycle
Repairman".  Basically, just using find & replace + operate on disk +
reasonably & consistently named variables.

It works pretty well.  So well, in fact, that I've never gotten off my butt
enough to figure out Bicycle Repairman, since it's usually faster to just fix
my code.

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com