[wingide-users] Bug in comment/uncomment when in VI mode

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 15 19:22:32 MDT 2007

Michael Hipp wrote:
> I've remapped the Ctrl-/ and Ctrl-? keys to be comment-out-region and
> uncomment-out-region respectively as these keystrokes are lost when in
> VI mode.
>
> But the preference for 'Retain Select' (Editor -> Advanced -> Selection
> Policy) is not being obeyed - the selection is canceled afterwards. I'd
> say this is a bug.

Yes, if you're in visual mode the operation causes exit from visual mode
and that's in general defined as unselecting in vi I think.  Would you
want it to stay in visual mode or exit visual mode but retain the
selection (which seems a bit odd to me but I'm not a vi user)?

> (Long term, it would be nice if these key mappings were pre-existing in
> VI mode. They're really handy.)

Yes.  Is there a standard vi key stroke that should be used for these?

Thanks!