[wingide-users] Extremely slow window performance in 3.0a3

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:40:45 MDT 2007

Hello.

I started using 3.0a3 recently, and the poor thing can't even keep up with
my meager typing skills. I don't have a cutting edge computer, but it's an
Athlon Barton 2500 and is certainly capable of displaying, editing, and
scrolling text. Just to test if it was some kind of GTK problem, I put a
large .py file into the Gnome text editor, and it works as expected --
plenty fast.

I'm using Wing on Ubuntu/Edgy, the only strange thing about my setup is that
I'm using RandR to rotate my 1600x1200 display. I know that introduces a
speed hit, but as I said, other apps work fine.

Does anyone else have this problem? As it is, Wing is really just too slow
to use to type!