[wingide-users] Compiled pyton in windows

Wyant, Jaime jwyant at sfbcic.com
Tue Jun 26 06:53:11 MDT 2007

I don't think there is a way to have .pyc files not show up in their
associated source file directories.  It makes sense if you think about
it, otherwise how would you know what package a module belongs to?  I
guess you could have some elaborate `tree mirror' somewhere, but that
well it's pretty elaborate :).

But if you just want to skip *.pyc files, you could use tar's --exclude.
I think the command line would look something like this:

tar --exclude='*.pyc' -cjf mytarfile.tar.bz2 sourcedir

HTH!
jw