[wingide-users] X-Windows problem

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Thu Jun 21 03:16:29 MDT 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 15:24, Wingware Support wrote:

> Konrad Hinsen wrote:
>> Since my office machine is much faster than my laptop at home, I
>> tried running WingIDE over an ssh connection with X11 forwarding.
>
> I use 'ssh -Y' or equivalent, which seems to be needed for most gtk
> based applications.

I use "ssh -Y" all the time, there are few X11 applications that work
without it. But for WingIDE it doesn't seem sufficient.

One more point which may be important: I have to pass through a
gateway machine, so I do "ssh -Y" twice before I get to the machine I
work on. Still, this doesn't bother other X11 apps.

Konrad.