[wingide-users] X-Windows problem

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Wed Jun 20 03:27:52 MDT 2007

Since my office machine is much faster than my laptop at home, I
tried running WingIDE over an ssh connection with X11 forwarding.
Unfortunately, I did not have much success:

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'wing.py' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
   (Details: serial 63 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
aborting...
Abort trap

I can run other X11 applications without problem, so X11 forwarding
definitely works. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening here?

BTW, I use WingIDE 2.1.4 under MacOS 10.4.9 on both machines.

Konrad.