[wingide-users] Debugging zope with wing3

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sat Jun 16 06:33:08 MDT 2007

On 15. jun. 2007, at 16.28, Wingware Support wrote:
> We're working on it... most likely the way to debug Zope will continue
> to be with WingDBG and we'll fix that to work on only one thread as
> before.

Hopefully we can work towards more choice here. The old model, of a
debug server on a separate port, with one thread, would cover most
cases. But perhaps the number of threads in the debug server could be
configurable.

Another option I'd like to see is to allow debugging of the main
server, or any of the other servers that are included with Zope, such
as the FTP server and the WebDAV source port. If the Wing debugging
API was extended to allow arbitrary enabling and disabling of
debugging of threads (by thread id perhaps?) all these would be
achievable.

Martijn Pieters