[wingide-users] Debugging zope with wing3

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at informaat.nl
Fri Jun 15 07:58:22 MDT 2007

Ok, today I decided to give 3.0 a try. All looks nice but debugging
zope turned out to be virtually impossible. When I want to step
through code I end up in seemingly random places. So I step through
some code, press F6 and expect to end up on the next line but instead
I jump to completely different places after which I cannot see in the
stack where I am. I completely lose track. And the debugger seems to
listen to all ports which makes it hardly impossible to access zope
outside the debug process while debugging some other zope/plone code.
And it makes everything go sooo slowly.

So unfortunately, I had to revert to 2.0 :(

Danny