[wingide-users] Wing IDE 3.0.0 alpha3 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jun 13 12:00:50 MDT 2007

Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2007 08:09, Wingware wrote:
>> To upgrade a 2.x license or purchase a new 3.x license:
>>
>> Upgrade        https://wingware.com/store/upgrade
>> Purchase       https://wingware.com/store/purchase
>>
>> Any 2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost 1/2
>> normal price to upgrade.
>
> Has this policy changed?  I have an e-mailed dated 2006-03-19 from
> support at wingware.com signed by "John" that says:
>
> "Look for 3.0 alphas soon.  Wing 3.0 will be a free upgrade for any user
> who purchases a 2.x license now."
>
> I bought my 2.x version based on that information, otherwise I would have
> waited.  Am I now out of luck?

We will _of course_ and _without question_ honor any such promise that
we made to individuals privately.

However, the official cut-off date for free upgrades, as announced
publically for the first time last month, is May 2, 2006.  Sorry,
but we can't change that date now, except in cases such as the above.