[wingide-users] Wing doesn't stop python anymore

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Fri Jun 8 15:12:17 MDT 2007

On Friday June 8 2007 3:30 pm, Wingware Support wrote:
> Tom Stambaugh wrote:
> > Suddenly, as in for the last few days, I've noticed that when I click the
> > "Stop" button in the debugger the IDE stops just as if things have been
> > shut down as expected. However, the browser screen that invoked the
> > script stays busy and a python executable continues to run in the
> > background.
>
> Just to follow up on this, in turns out that the process termination
> doesn't work if the process being debugged is running under a different
> user than the IDE is.  We will try to fix this in future versions of Wing.

Dunno about Windows, but under Unix user A can't send signals to user B's
processes, so that sounds impossible unless wing is running as root.

Is there any documentation about how Wing terminates debug processes?  I'd
like to try to write my signal handlers (for shutdown, mainly) in a
compatible way.
Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com