[wingide-users] Wing doesn't stop python anymore

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Tue Jun 5 05:13:37 MDT 2007

Most of my python development is server-side code, invoked as a cgi script
from apache. I debug on a winXP platform. I'm running python v2.5.

Suddenly, as in for the last few days, I've noticed that when I click the
"Stop" button in the debugger the IDE stops just as if things have been shut
down as expected. However, the browser screen that invoked the script stays
busy and a python executable continues to run in the background. I have to
bring up task manager and manually kill the python task in order to actually
stop execution. It's both annoying and dangerous, because the things I'm
debugging do all sorts of unpredictable things when the code is broken (as
it generally is when I click "stop").

Is this a bug in Wing, or have I perhaps broken my apache or system
configuration somehow?

Thanks,
Tom