[wingide-users] Scripting Question

James Reese jreese99 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 3 18:15:05 MDT 2007

I'm trying to write a script for Wing IDE 2.1.4 to delete all of the
characters between the current cursor location and a character
entered by the user. I was able to write a script that worked by
executing the command "isearch-forward," but I was unable to figure
out how to stop incremental searching after the first search. (I want
the area at the bottom of the window into which the user enters the
search text to go away automatically.) Executing the command "cancel"
didn't work.

Next I tried using executing the command "search-char," but it
appears to work in an ansynchronous fashion. That is, the script
doesn't wait for the user to enter the character to search for before
executing the rest of the script.