[wingide-users] Breakpoints with actions and auto-continue

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jul 27 09:12:38 MDT 2007

Luc Bourhis wrote:
> the debate about the merits of logging and debuggers reminded me of two
> features I would love to see in Wing:
> (a) the ability to associate Python code with a breakpoint, the code
> being executed when the breakpoint is hit;
> (b) the possibility that the debugger does not stop after executing that
> code.

This is an interesting idea and I think you can already do it by
specifying an expression for a conditional BP that always returns False
and does whatever logging (or something else) that you want.

One potential problem is conditional BP tests are limited to
expressions, though you could probably get creative.  It might also be
possible to accept multiple lines in the BP test as long as there's a
return statement.  It would be turned into a function with readonly
access to variables available to the code if a return statement was present.

Cheers,