[wingide-users] Breakpoints with actions and auto-continue

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Wed Jul 25 19:05:30 MDT 2007

Hi,

the debate about the merits of logging and debuggers reminded me of
two features I would love to see in Wing:
(a) the ability to associate Python code with a breakpoint, the code
being executed when the breakpoint is hit;
(b) the possibility that the debugger does not stop after executing
that code.

Combined with the available conditional breakpoints, (a) and (b) are
equivalent to inserting in the code

if (condition):
	do something

and that is the most general logging. But instead of cluttering the
production code with such logging code which has to be removed/
deactivated/you name it, it all stays at the breakpoint level and I
find that very nice. I am using it all the time in XCode, the Apple IDE.

Luc Bourhis