[wingide-users] Odd behavior under 3.0a3 and TurboGears/SQLAlchemy

Dirk Fromhein dirk at ripplesystems.com
Wed Jul 18 15:46:59 MDT 2007

I'm a bit confused by an error we are seeing under Wing 3.0a3 (and 2.1
actually also) and TurboGears/SQLAlchemy 1.02 in the PythonShell tab
panel when I execute:
 >>> from turbogears.database import metadata, session
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\src\SiteManager\sitemanager\<string>", line 1, in ?
line 6, in ?
    from turbogears.controllers import expose, flash, validate, redirect, \
line 8, in ?
    from dispatch import generic, strategy, functions
line 126, in ?
line 433, in Dispatcher
AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'when'

However, if I execute "from turbogears.database import metadata,
session" in IDLE or the python shell in a terminal window I get no
errors and everything seems to work just fine.

Any thoughts?