[wingide-users] Class and method menu

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Mon Jul 16 06:53:31 MDT 2007

Hi,

I am speaking about those two menus at the top of the editing aread,
below the file tabs if the user has chosen to use it.

If one wishes to go to method f of class C, one has to first select C
in the class menu and then f in the method menu. After using on a
more regular basis the XCode IDE, I fell in love with its providing
only one menu looking like:

class C
	foo
	bar
	foobar

def func

class D
	barfoo

so basically mimicking the natural layout of functions, classes and
their methods.

One clear advantage is when one has the both of long class names and
method names. With the current system in Wing, I often need to make
the window much wider than what is needed to accommodate the tool
boxes and the editing area, just so that I can read the class and
method names in the menus.

Thanks,

Luc Bourhis