[wingide-users] Word completion and refactoring support

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Wed Jul 4 04:34:58 MDT 2007

On 3. jul. 2007, at 22.13, Geoff Bache wrote:
> (3) Reading the list of feature additions in Wing 3.0 made it seem
> to me like the bulk of the effort is being put into improving the
> debugger. To me this seems a shame when more and more people are
> moving away from using debuggers towards driving development
> with tests. Personally I would far rather spend my time writing
> automated tests or improving system logging than running a
> debugger: these things
> stay with the system, whereas debugging sessions are transient. My
> debugging session now is not going to help any other developer of
> the system,
> nor is it going to help me a few months from now.

I am one of those people writing more and more automated tests, but
that hasn't diminished the need for a good debugger for me. In any
complex system, you'll find that the best way to solve a bug is still
using the debugger, as you may not have anticipated the situation
with tests. You may even be able to reproduce the bug with a
testcase, but that doesn't mean you know how to solve it. :)

Martijn Pieters