[wingide-users] What does 'Use Indent Analysis' do?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jan 31 14:20:57 MST 2007

Michael Hipp wrote:
> Could someone offer me a quick explanation of what Preferences -> Editor
> -> Indentation -> Use Indent Analysis does?

If indent analysis is used, the size of an indent in spaces is
determined based on the current contents of the file.  Otherwise, the
indent size is taken from preferences.

> I'm trying to get Wing to be a tad less helpful on indenting things far
> to the right on long-winded multi-line method calls

It has no affect on indenting the 2nd+ line of multi-line calls.
Sometimes I end up using backspace & space to modify the indent or to
take it as a clue that the line is a bit too complex ;).

Cheers,